Modi says after Pulwama attack, 'Sacrifices of our brave security personnel shall not go in vain'



DNALive24:

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has condemned Thursday's "despicable" and "dastardly" terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama that left over 20 CRPF jawans dead.

A Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist had rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into a bus carrying the the CRPF jawans. The attack had left dozens of people injured — body parts could be seen strewn aroudnt the site of the attack — and a steadily-increasing death toll.

The "attack on CRPF personnel in Pulwama is despicable. I strongly condemn this dastardly attack," Modi tweeted.

"The sacrifices of our brave security personnel shall not go in vain," he added.

The attack on the bus took place at 3.15 pm near Awantipora.

The bus had been part of a convoy of 70 vehicles travelling from Jammu to Srinagar; there were some 2,500 personnel in the convoy.

The toll has continued to climb steadily since the afternoon.

First reports seem to suggest the terrorist who carried out the attack used a 100 kilograms of explosive.

The news agency ANI reported that the Jaish-e-Mohammed had claimed responsibility for the attack in a text message sent to the Kashmiri news agency GNS.

Police said they had identified the terrorist who had carried out the attack as Adil Ahmad from Kakapora in Pulwama. And that he joined the Jaish-e-Mohammed in 2018.

Modi added Thursday that he had spoken "to Home Minsister Rajnath Singh and other top officials regarding the situation in the wake of the attack in Pulwama".

ANI reported that National Security Adviser Ajit Doval is monitoring the situation in Kashmir. And that senior CRPF officials are briefing him.

"The entire nation stands shoulder to shoulder with the families of the brave martyrs. May the injured recover quickly," Modi added on Thursday.

0/Post a Comment/Comments

Previous Post Next Post